Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
We’re here for you during these difficult times. Amidst the uncertainty of this moment, one thing remains clear: the need for our support and services in the transplant community has never been greater. As supporters of the Georgia Transplant Foundation, you empower our ability to respond to this crisis, continue providing services to our constituents, and to advance our mission. Thank you!
In order to continue meeting the needs of our community and putting safety at the forefront, we’ve had to modify some of our of programs and services, including:
- Our staff is working remotely, but still available in the same way as before by phone, email, and mail. To that end, please do not send anything to our office via FedEx or UPS since there is no one to accept the package. Regular mail service is being forwarded and we are still receiving it as before.
- All 2020 Trends In Transplant (TNT) conferences will be changed to online webinars, with the exception of the Atlanta TNT. More details on the Atlanta conference will come as we get closer and have more information on the progress of the coronavirus. Click here to access the resources we typically have available during our healthcare educational conferences, including GTF 101, TFP Workshop, and Faces of Hope presentations.
- We will be hosting online support groups for transplant candidates, recipients, living donors and dialysis patients. Please visit https://gatransplant.org/event/support-group to register for the next one.
- Transplant Fundraising Program Workshops have been changed to online format. If you are interested in finding out more, please email TFP@gatransplant.org.
- For clients enrolled in the Transplant Fundraising Program (TFP) whose deadline to raise matched funds was March 15, 2020 or after, will be considered, with prior approval, for an extension of 90 days to their fundraising deadline. For prior approval, please email TFP@gatransplant.org
- JumpStart Job Readiness Workshops have been changed to online format. If you are interested in finding out more, please email JumpStart@gatransplant.org
- We have extended the deadline for Academic Scholarship applications till June 1, 2020. For applications and more information, please visit http://gatransplant.org/academic-scholarship-deadline
- The Mentor Project training for mentors has been moved online through pre-scheduled training dates. Please fill out the “I want to be a mentor” form on the website to receive more information.
- Our staff has put together a great list of relief resources to use: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FH6hhg1RTerwMJnOMTTQl3jwQ-0OsHqd3K_eIS05H7g/edit?usp=sharing
- Our usual guidelines for assistance have not changed. We are still providing all of the same Patient Services (financial, educational, and emotional support) as before.
- Please follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/GaTransplant as we regularly post updates and changes.
We will continue to update this list as more resources are made available and information changes. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions at: https://gatransplant.org/contact-us/
Supporting Our Community
- As you shop you social distance and shop through Amazon, please consider using Amazon Smiles and selection Georgia Transplant Foundation as the beneficiary. We appreciate your financial support in helping us through these tough times.
- If you live in the Acworth area, please support our Community Partner – Henry’s Louisiana Grill – as they continue providing take-out orders for the community.
- Once salons reopen, please consider scheduling all of your beauty needs with our Community Partner: Three-13 Salon, Spa & Boutique.