The Dental Assistance program is designed to provide grants to both pre-transplant candidates and post-transplant recipients to assist in accessing appropriate dental care directly related to their transplant needs:
- Dental treatment plans must be submitted with the application.
- All dental care must be pre-approved.
- Transplant team must verify that this is the final clearance needed to be listed for transplant or verification must be submitted that dental care needed post-transplant is transplant related.
- All dental insurance must be utilized first.
- Approvals are valid for 90 days.
- GTF staff will contact dental provider for fee arrangement and billing methods.
- Georgia Resident.
- Solid organ transplant candidate and recipient.
- Evidence of financial need.
- Evidence of working on a permanent solution to address the need.
- Evidence of need related to transplant.
- Discuss your need with your transplant center social worker.
- Submit completed application to your social worker.
- Provide documents to support the requested assistance.
- Applications will be reviewed, once submitted and complete.
- Requesting social worker will be notified regarding the review decision.
- Checks are written, payable to the vendor, and mailed to the transplant recipient home.