Potential candidates for transplant must travel to the hospital for evaluation in order to be listed for a transplant. These potential candidates often lack the resources to afford fuel and lodging costs associated with travel. The goal of the Evaluation Assistance Program is to provide access to transplantation by offering financial support to residents of Georgia who are seeking an initial transplant evaluation.
- Georgia Resident.
- Potential candidates for transplant who have initial evaluations appointments scheduled and live at least 75 miles away from transplant center.
- Evidence of financial need.
- Discuss your need with your transplant center social worker.
- Submit completed application to your social worker.
- Provide documents to support the requested assistance.
- Applications will be reviewed, once submitted and complete.
- Requesting social worker will be notified regarding the review decision.
- Applications may be submitted 30 days prior to initial evaluation and will be reviewed within 10 business days of receipt.