Insurance Premiums Assistance
Maintaining continuous health care insurance is of utmost importance. Continuous insurance coverage has a lasting impact on transplant success and access to health care services and medications. The Insurance Premiums Assistance program is designed to provide temporary financial assistance to non-Medicare covered patients for the cost of their insurance premiums.
- Grants are available based on need for a time limited period.
- Requires periodic updates regarding ongoing planning to secure other coverage.
- Georgia Resident.
- Solid organ transplant recipient.
- Evidence of financial need.
- Evidence of working on a permanent solution to address the need.
- Evidence of need related to transplant.
- Discuss your need with your transplant center social worker.
- Submit completed application to your social worker.
- Provide documents to support the requested assistance.
- Applications will be reviewed, once submitted and complete.
- Requesting social worker will be notified regarding the review decision.
- Checks are written, payable to the vendor, and mailed to the transplant recipient home.