Scholarships are in the amount of $1,000 and are renewable for a period up to four years (unless otherwise noted) depending on educational program requirements and continuing to meet grade requirements.
Scholarships are available to applicants who meet one of the following categories:
- Transplant recipient.
- Dependent of a transplant recipient.
- Parent of a transplant recipient.
- Living donor.
- Sibling of a transplant recipient (both the sibling and the recipient must be 22 years of age or younger).
AVAILABLE ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS
Click the rows below to see what scholarships are available to each category of applicant.
Thanks to our partners for their generosity in helping to fund these scholarships: Donors of the Meg Jeffrey Memorial Fund; Emory Healthcare physicians and staff; Georgia Chapter of the International Transplant Nurses Society; Mike and Lisa Smith; Susan Lumpkin; the Calkins Family; the Couey Family; the Daly Family; and Donate Life Georgia.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
Applicant must be:
- Pursuing a post-high school educational program at an accredited college, university, or technical school.
- A resident of Georgia.
- Accepted or enrolled in an accredited college, university, vocational technical or professional degree program.
ALL of the following items MUST be submitted for consideration:
- Completed Academic Scholarship Application form.
- School Verification/Transcripts:
- Official high school transcript (grades 9-12, or Fall semester) OR college/technical school transcript for all courses.
- GED certificate, if applicable.
- If your last schooling was more than 5 years ago, current admission testing is acceptable in place of high school transcripts.
- Copy of the acceptance letter to your current institution (or the one you will be attending in the Fall).
- Personal Statement
- Maximum of three (3) pages.
- Describe yourself and how transplantation has affected your life. Tell us something about you that would help us to know you better. You might relate some event that changed your life or beliefs, or an issue about which you have strong feelings. Please tell us about your life goals as they relate to your field of study.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, including contact information for each.
- At least one of them should be from an academic source.
- NO letters from relatives or classmates.
- Complete information must be postmarked by the MAY 1 DEADLINE
All information will be kept confidential. Applicants who do not submit all of the above information will not be considered.
You can use our online form to apply for this program (all requirements must be submitted by the May 1 deadline).
Apply By Mail
Once you have completed the application, mail it to the Georgia Transplant Foundation at the address listed below. Applications and all supporting materials must be postmarked by the May 1 deadline to be considered for review.
Georgia Transplant Foundation
Attn: Scholarship Committee
2201 Macy Drive
Roswell, GA 30076
ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Please note: you can click "Save and Continue Later" at the bottom of the page, which will provide you with a link to access your application for 30 days. If you misplace this link or take longer than 30 days, you will lose any information previously entered.