The Evaluation Assistance Program provides access to transplantation.
Potential candidates for transplant must travel to the hospital for evaluation in order to go through the necessary testing to be listed for a transplant. These potential candidates often lack the resources to afford fuel costs, lodging, and parking fees associated with travel and the transplant evaluation process which typically last between three to five days.
The goal of the Evaluation Assistance Program is to provide access to transplantation by offering financial support to residents of Georgia who live at least 75-miles away from the transplant center where they have their evaluation appointment scheduled and show financial need.
ELIGIBILITY & PROCESS
To apply, you must:
- Be a Georgia resident.
- Potential candidate for transplant who has their initial evaluation appointment scheduled and live at least 75-miles away from the transplant center.
- Show evidence of financial need.
- Discuss your need with your transplant center or dialysis center social worker.
- Submit a completed application to your social worker or through the online application form below
- Provide documents to support the requested assistance.
- Applications will be reviewed, once submitted and complete.
- Requesting social worker will be notified regarding the review decision.
- Applications may be submitted 30 days prior to the initial evaluation appointment and will be reviewed within 10 business days of receipt.
EVALUATION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION
You can use our online form to apply for this program. Note: To access the online application, you will need a password provided by your dialysis or transplant center social worker.