GTF's Young Professionals Council
The Georgia Transplant Foundation's Young Professionals Council (GTF YPC) is an initiative comprised of young industry and community leaders, ages 28-40, with diverse professional backgrounds and personal interests who leverage their skills and engage their networks in support of GTF. Through volunteerism, awareness, and fundraising efforts, YPC members work to actualize GTF's mission to bridge the gap between hope and opportunity for transplant patients throughout the state of Georgia, and to ensure the future of the Foundation.
Inspire action to ensure the legacy of the Georgia Transplant Foundation
Support GTF's mission while cultivating future philanthropic professionals in the greater community
Further GTF's mission through volunteerism, community awareness, fundraising support, and more
Benefits of Becoming a GTF YPC Member
In addition to planning and hosting networking events, GTF Council membership benefits also include:
- Become an active and philanthropic member of your community
- Socialize and network at exclusive YPC events
- Attend special events and participate in volunteer opportunities with like-minded young professionals
- Make strategic professional connections through an exclusive networking event with GTF's Board of Directors
- Gain experience and develop various personal and professional skills, including valuable leadership experience
- Receive recognition on GTF's website, social media, newsletter, and annual report
Commitment to GTF's YP Council
In order to ensure success, please be aware of the member expectations:
- 1-year term, at a minimum
- Attend 75% of bi-monthly meetings, held the second Tuesday of every other month from 6:30-7:30pm
- Donate $100/year for membership dues
- Raise a minimum of $500 for the Foundation
- Purchase two (2) tickets to a GTF fundraising event, OR generate two (2) tickets sales to a GTF fundraising event
- Secure at least two (2) silent auction items for GTF's annual Celebrate Life Gala
- Advocate for the YPC and the Georgia Transplant Foundation by leveraging personal/professional networks for at least two of the following:
- Corporate volunteer recruitment - Introduce GTF to a minimum of 5 new businesses or have them participate in donation drives
- Individual volunteer recruitment - recruit 10 volunteers for GTF fundraising events and other initiatives
- Volunteer retention - solicit feedback and provide a liaison in making follow-up calls/emails to volunteers and community helpers
- Brand awareness - plan and participate in a minimum of eight hours of community outreach/marketing efforts for events or campaigns from inception to execution
Join GTF's Young Professionals Council
Membership on the YPC provides an opportunity to grow personally and professionally through volunteerism, networking, leadership development and more, all while supporting the Georgia Transplant Foundation's mission to bridge the gap between hope and opportunity for transplant patients and their families.
If you are interested in joining GTF's YPC, please submit an application.
Completed applications will be reviewed monthly by the Executive Committee. You will hear back from a member of the council with next steps and expectations.